Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Best of 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


2013 is been a fabulous year, first I started my blog which was such a good decision, I'm loving having a place to write about things I love and talk to people who share common interests. This post is going to be a mashup or random things I loved in 2013.

Make Up

If you're a regular reader of my make up posts then I'm certain you will know my favourite make item this year has been my Naked 2 Palette. I use it in mostly every make up post haha! The colours are beautiful and pigmented, it is a palette I know I will love for a very long time. Also I loved On and On Bronze the Maybelline Color Tattoo it is one of my favourite eye shadow bases and it is a beautiful colour. It has amazing wear and lasts ages on the eye lids.

Fashion

With mint green being my favourite colour I'm sure you can understand how much I love this cardigan from H&M. Ever since I laid eyes on it I knew I had to own it and ever since I received it for my birthday in October I have worn it to death!!

Nail Varnish 

This glitter combo is my go to when I'm not sure how to do my nails, for the base I use 'Carbaret' from Ciate, over that I use 'Magic Carpet' from Ciate and the lastly I use 'Jewel Tone' from LA Colors. This is one nail look I will never get bored of I love glitters and the purple combination is gorgeous.

Movie/Film

The Great Gatsby!! Having read Gatsby before seeing the film I just knew the film would be magical, and it was. The actors, the setting and the music were all on point! I love watching it and being able to sit and quote some of the famous lines from the book. This is one book and film I recommend everybody reads and watches.

TV Show

Being the huge TV fan I am I have a few favourites from this year, of course The Vampire Diaries is one of them seeing as it's my all time favourite TV show, it just keeps getting better and better as the seasons progress. On new years eve of 2012 I started watching Gossip Girl and quickly fell in love with everything about it especially the characters...Chuck Bass... It has an amazing storyline and plot...now that I'm writing about it I am so tempted to re watch it all. Ahhh Teen Wolf I enjoy everything this show has to offer especially Stiles Stilinski's ability to make me cry with laughter!! A few more tv shows I will quickly mention that I love are Pretty Little Liars, Once Upon A Time, Breaking Bad (Only at season 3), The Tomorrow People and The Carrie Diaries.

Favourite Memories 

Madrid - June 2013 one of the best weeks of my life, I loved everything about this beautiful city. I'm so thankful that I got chosen to go on this school trip!

Meeting The Vamps 

At the beginning of December I met my favourite band, I've mentioned The Vamps in previous posts awhile back but meeting them was a dream and I'm so thankful! They're talented boys and are also complete sweethearts, so make sure you check them out on Youtube and Itunes.


Yeah I didn't get a picture with James so that happened ^

Drink

My love for Starbucks blossomed this year and so did my love for their Mocha Fraps, so yum & good!! I also got on recently with peppermint in it which was delightful.

Technology 

Of course it has to be my Canon 600d, I am for blessed to have this camera and hopefully in 2014 my blog is going to look lovely with the new quality.

Youtube

Velvetgh0st!! Gabb started youtube this year, I've followed G on Instagram for a very long time so I was so excited when she started making youtube videos!! Her youtube channel is growing so much and her videos are amazing, her makeup tutorials are just stunning, you should 100% check out her channel, because I love her and so will you.

I have had an amazing year, thank you to everyone that follows me on here and leaves such nice comments they really do make my year!! I hope 2014 is good to you - Emma, xoxo Gossip Girl ;) 



19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, happy new year to you too xx

      Delete
  2. oh my you're so lucky to meet them!!
    nice year you got! hope 2014 will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very lucky!! Happy new year sweets xx

      Delete
  3. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm obsessed with the Great Gatsby! I love the book but Leonardo DiCaprio is a dream
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah he is certainly pleasant to look at!! xx

      Delete
  4. Great recap - I love posts like these. Happy new year!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw lovely recap, great post. LOVE the naked palette sooo much, i neeed to get one!

    Love Em x

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great blog !! very nice!!!!!!!:)
    stunning post! i really love it!!!!
    follow each other?
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC
    DRESS SALE GIVEAWAY
    ROSE WHOLE SALE GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really miss Madrid! and I also love Gab, from velvetghost!
    Xx!
    L
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so lucky!
    This is a really great post :)

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the nails!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. You met the Vamps!! How lucky, I've loved them since a few months ago.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment
I promise to check out everyone who leaves me a link to their blog.

Choies-The latest street fashion Choies-The latest street fashion