Friday, 21 March 2014

Geometry Lesson Nail Art


For today's post I decided to try a new nail art tutorial. I used my Nail Candy book to guide me so make sure you check out that book if you want some fun, new nail art ideas.



You will need;



Three nail polish colours of your choice I picked:


Also scissors and some tape of your choice

 Step 1


I apply two coats of my base colour and wait for it to completely dry. It is important that it is completely dry before you apply the tape because if you stick the tape on while it's wet you can assume the mess it will make.

Step 2


Cut up the tape into little strips before applying the tape to your nails press it against your skin to make it less sticky.

Step 3


Apply the tape to your nails like so and vary the shapes and sizes of the triangles for each nail to be more creative. Apply the second colour to your nail and then carefully remove the tape straight away, I always make the mistake when doing deigns like this because I let the nail polish dry before removing the tape and it always dries onto the tape and ends up making a right mess.


Step 4


Repeat on all nails remembering to change it up each time.

Step 5



Repeat the above steps once the previous colour has completely dry but using the third colour and apply the tape in random positions but have some overlap the second colour.




Step 6


Apply a top coat to smooth everything out the one I used is MUA Clear Coat.


 This design is super easy to do but is pretty time consuming because you have to make sure you wait for all the colours to completely dry before doing the next step.

Make sure you check out the book because I really recommend it and it's so fun!

Have a lovely day! - Emma, xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I love the colour combination you chose! So pretty! Also I can't get enough of your pug socks, they're too cute.

    Lauren // Lipstick & Lacquer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The socks are from Primark :) x

      Delete
  2. So fun! I love how they came out - I really need to work on being more creative with my nails!
    PS I'm currently hosting a giveaway for a $25 Target Gift Card!Check it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love the colours you used

    http://velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using tape on nails, it's such an easy thing to do but the effect looks really impressive :)
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I love nail art but id have to do this on a day when im less busy as patience isn't my my strongest quality aha!

    Jess x
    New post up at www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post! you have such an amazing blog <3 really loved it :) lets follow each other? do let me know by commenting on my blog :) nice to connect :)
    http://www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such pretty. I would never have the patience annoyingly! Plus I LOVE your socks haha.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Yeah I've tried using tape with my nail before and like you said it's time consuming and is kinda a hassle. Like the polish under the tape would strip wah. Colors are great though. I looove the nail art on the cover of the book.

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks nice! I wouldn't have the patience to do it. I like the color combination you chose
    xoxo
    dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the effect of the green polish with the blue triangles! It's such a cute nail art idea xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nail design is so cute...

    http://fashionwithvalentina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment
I promise to check out everyone who leaves me a link to their blog.

Choies-The latest street fashion Choies-The latest street fashion