Monday, 19 May 2014

Spring Makeup To Make Blue Eyes Pop



I really wanted to have glowing skin for this look to really give me a fresh faced look to achieve this I used the Benefit Porefessional Primer and MeMeMe Beat the Blues Highlighter as a primer. The Pore fessional helps my makeup on all day and the highlighter gives really subtle glow to the skin. For foundation I wore the Benefit Hello Flawless which is perfect for spring/summer as it is not too heavy. To cover up my under eye circles and any blemishes I applied the Benefit Boi-ing Concealer and over the top to set it all I dusted some of the Benefit Powder all over. To contour I put into use my Benefit Hoola Bronzer. On to eyes:


I filled in my brows with the Seventeen Brow's That Kit which I love. As a base I used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' this helps the eye shadows last longer and gives them something to stick to. From Naked 2 I use 'Tease' as a transition colour through the crease and blend that out. All over my lid I use 'Sp"ice"y' Bling Tone by Myface Cosmetics it is such a beautiful bronze colour with a bit of sparkle through it, I also put this in the outer corner of the lower lash line to create depth. Using a colour that contrasts to your eye colour really helps your eye colour pop, for insistence I feel like when green eyes wear a smoky black eye their eyes really pop. From the MUA Under Me Too Palette I take 'Dreamy' then I apply it through the crease to deepen it up, along with that colour I used 'Busted' from Naked 2 through the crease as well. I lined my upper water line with a black eye liner from Natural Collection, I didn't apply liner to the lower water line as I thought that would darken the look and it wouldn't be a fresh. To give my lash line more volume I put 'Backout' from Naked 2 along the upper lash line and just on the outer corner of the lower lash line. To brighten up the inner corners of the eyes I used my favourite brightening eye shadow by Daniel Sandler in 'Ice'. To give me some false looking lashes I use They're Real by Benefit.


For the lips I wanted to keep up the bright and fresh theme so I went with a simple Nivea Pearl Shine which hydrated my lips while looking like a beautiful colour.


As you guys probably already know I am obsessed with pastel colours and this lilac dress from Miss Guided complements this look perfectly. I added this coral belt (no clue where it's from sorry) to give the dress a bit of shape and add a pop of colour, hands up if you think I've said 'pop' far too much in this post haha.




Hope you all have a lovely day 
-Emma xoxo


21 comments:

  1. Very cute natural makeup! Great for coming summer! <3
    You are so pretty dear!

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww you're too sweet, thank you xx

      Delete
  2. That copper eye-look is very pretty on you!

    X Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makeup - you look beautiful!

    http://www.susannahzabelle.com

    Susannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look and love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how gorgeous your eyes are! Simply stunning, and this makeup look is absolutely beautiful as well :) Thanks for sharing!

    xo, Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com
    If you're a fashion, lifestyle, or beauty blog, let's keep in touch! Leave me a comment and I'll check you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwh thank you thank you thank you!! xx

      Delete
  6. It doesn't even look like you have anything on as a base at all which is great!

    I've said it before but you have the prettiest features. I like the contrast the bronze creates with your eyes. It's so much nicer when people play up their features in that way.

    P.s. Escentual generally sells Real Techniques brushes for slightly less. And Feel Unique gives discounts to its newsletter subscribers.

    Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say?

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah trust me I do, wish my skin was naturally like that! your comments always make me smile, thank you so much!xx

      Delete
  7. I love that lip colour - I love the Nivea Lip Balms with a tint in them xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, gorgeous aren't they?!x

      Delete
  8. I love your eyes! And the makeup is gorgeous!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the makeup and your outfit! what kind of camera do you own? I'm in the process of getting one.

    http://xoalyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I own the Canon 600D, it is so incredible I would recommend it x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment
I promise to check out everyone who leaves me a link to their blog.

Choies-The latest street fashion Choies-The latest street fashion