Thursday, 5 June 2014

Natural Prom Makeup


My prom is on the 10th of June so recently I've been playing about with my makeup to see what style I'd like to go with, I'm getting mine done at Benefit but I want an idea of what I'd like them to do. I normally keep my makeup natural (ish) because I'm not a big fan of having lots of products piled on my face so here is a look I came up with.


I started with the eyes as I wanted to avoid fallout from the eye shadows getting stuck to my foundation. Applying some tape from the outer corner of the eye up to the brow creates a more sharp and dramatic look so that's what I did.


I firstly took Bootycall from Naked 2 all over my eye lid up to the brow bone to create a blank, clean base. I fluffed Hoola Bronzer by Benefit through my crease to create a soft transition colour. As a cream base I used Bourjois Color Edition 24H in 7001 which is a shimmery light brown. For the smoky brown colour I used Snakebite from Naked 2 and focused applying that mainly to the outer half of my crease also put this along with outer corner of the lower lash line. To deepen up the crease I again took my Naked 2 Palette and used Busted and applied to the outer corner of my lid just where the eye creases. Taking my fave Barry M Dazzle Dust in Tan I put that in the inner corner and inner 1/4 of the lid I also put it along the inner 1/4 of the lower lash line. I of course had to add a bit of glitter because what's a prom look without glitter? I added my Barry M Fine Gitter in 15 and put that in the centre of the eye lid and the centre of the lower lash line. I love making my lash line look fuller to do this I used my new Rimmel London Black Gel Eyeliner and just applied it close to the eyelashes. I put Natural Collection Black Eye Liner in my upper waterline and in the outer corner of my lower water line. I curled my lashes then used 3 coats of the Bad Gal Lash from Benefit, not going to lie I do prefer They're Real so I'd probably wear that to prom instead. Oooooh I also filled in my brows with my Seventeen Brow's That Kit.



For Foundation I used my high coverage Max Factor Face Finity 3 in 1 which is amazing! I didn't need too much concealer so I just put a smudge of Boi-ing by Benefit under my eyes to make them look awake. To contour my face I used my favourite bronzer which is Hoola by Benefit and I'm not often one to wear blush but I gave the Benefit Posie Tint a go and really liked it. I wanted to highlight my cheekbones so I used the MeMeMe Beat The Blues.


For a nice matte lip I dabbed a little bit of Revlon Colorburst in Elusive on my lips and blended it out with my finger.



I will have a prom get read with me up next week so stay tuned for that!

Have an amazing day, also let me know in the comments who you're doing your hair and makeup for prom :) xx



7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, are you getting it done at a normal benefit counter? Is it like a special makeup deal you buy? Sorry for all the questions hahah, my prom is coming up and I have no idea what to do:/ Xxx

    http://thehautepig.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were pretty spot on with the colours that you chose because it makes your eyes pop and look so beautiful! Definitely the kinds of colours I would use on you if I had the pleasure of doing your makeup! :) I hope you have fun at your prom doll!
    x
    Phoebe | Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful prom makeup! You are pretty! :)

    ❤ ✿ MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful makeup! Super pretty and natural looking!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment
I promise to check out everyone who leaves me a link to their blog.

Choies-The latest street fashion Choies-The latest street fashion