Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Pixi Palette Review


Recently I received my first ever Pixi product and I was so so excited to try it out as I always see people posting about this brand.

It was kind of love at first sight when I spotted the stunning packaging. The pastel green colour is right up my street so it was so refreshing to finally own a makeup product with pastel packaging. The packaging does not feel cheap at all, it's not a lightweight plastic it is thick and just feels nice quality.

The palette I got is in the colour 'Plum Quartz', which in itself sounds very majestic. The palette contains 6 colours which are a little twist on neutrals, some contain purple tones and others contain golden tones which are such a fun spin on basic colours. I read they are gemstone inspired tones and this completely sold me as I am a huge gemstone lover, they are very precious & gorgeous. Now for my opinion on the colours in action - 



For my first test I used the lightest gold colour with the 4th down golden brown as I thought they'd complement my eyes. I applied them with the applicator that comes in the palette and I noticed this did help avoid fallout, however I noticed not a lot of colour was applying to my lid so I switched the applicator for a brush. I thought the brush would really help make the colours more pigmented and apply better but in all honestly it didn't make much of a difference. The colours applied so faintly and didn't show up as well as I had hoped. I feel like I do always compare pigmentation to Naked 2 as it is just wonderful, so this palette did not have the same strength in the pigmentation department, I feel it is perfect for a really natural look and if you don't like strong eye shadow looks. I thought the second time I used it I'd try applying it with a wet brush and the results were fantastic. I used the same colours and a bit of the darkest one to deepen the crease up, they applied so much more pigmented and looked exactly like the way they do in the palette. 




*ps ignore the brows they badly need done*

Not only did the colours impress me the staying power also made me happy, they last all day without budging and did not crease once despite the hot weather!

To conclude, I really love this palette not only the packaging is lovely but so are the colours. It's a shame they aren't super pigmented but they can easily be built up. I think this is very much worth the £12 price tag and I cannot wait to try out more Pixi products!

Have a fab day,
-Emma, xxx

p.s keep your eyes peeled for a giveaway coming soon ;)




20 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful palette, the colours are so pretty and look really wearable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma, you have such as sweet blog :) every other pallette I try doesn't come close to the urban decay naked ones!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love the colour of the packaging, I would buy it just for that aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous! I have never taken much notice of Pixi products, might need to give them a try!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog - International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute little palette! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely! I got sent a Pixi eye-liner last week (I'm guessing by the same people!) and am really impressed with it as well. Their colours are gorgeous! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. The palette looks great and the colours of it are so nice. Great review and the pictures are really good. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely review, might have to get me on of those :)

    xxx
    http://z-arafiore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a really lovely palette - so pretty!

    :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks like a beautiful palette!

    from helen at thelovevcatsinc.com

    ps. my cute Dahlia coat giveaway worth £80 ends soon! click here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to try Pixi, but just never got around to it. This palette is so gorgeous though, and yeah, that mint packaging? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That palette is so pretty! I've never actually tried Pixi make-up, though I've got through several bottles of Glow Tonic. Maybe it's time I tried out the other things they offer! xx

    theamberspyglass.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning colors, beautiful look!x

    anniesdelights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment
I promise to check out everyone who leaves me a link to their blog.

Choies-The latest street fashion Choies-The latest street fashion